Wednesday 15 February 2012

Hungarian MIG-17 1/72.

Hello all,

Sorry for not commenting on every ones fine work but my real work has gone mental and taking up far too much of my time!
This was an impulse buy from a new shop in the area. It was only a £5 so I thought why not, I can always try a few new idea's out. Just as bloody well because I made a right dogs dinner of it. The canopy was  crap and I didn't even bother with it. I thought I would need to cover it some how to go for a storage look.
I have never tried using tissue paper and PVA glue to make tarps and covers so now was as good as time as any. I wanted to make it and Egyptian or Syrian MIG-17 being covered from the sand but The kit didn't come with that set, so I had to borrow the decals from the Airfix MIG-15 set.
I know it would have engine covers and wheel chocs or other bits and bobs but it was a rescue job.
It also feel victim to my airbrush learning curve and attempts and varnishing.
I should have put it on a run way with a guard walking around it,  there is still time for that though.
All in all I am happy with the end results and I learnt a few new tricks as well.







 PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,   Rich.

9 comments:

Erhntly said...

Hi Rich,

very nice camo. i like it.. :)
Cheers
Erhan

Tim Gow said...

That's a very innovative way of covering up a dodgy part. Well done!

Jay said...

Great paint job. And the tarp looks the part!

Al said...

Very cool, love the paint work

Skorragrim said...

Wonderful!!!!

Maybe tutorials should be great!!!!

Disgruntled Fusilier said...

Looks great, Rich. Really dig the covering over the cockpit. I have not seen that before!

Steve

mork6969 said...

Great Work! Nice idea with the tarp.

peter said...

Excellent executed and painted model Rich!
And i hope you get more time to have fun with the hobby!

Greetings
Peter
http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

Sam Wise said...

A nice work Rich!
I like the cover toil: it gives it a little bit of mystery ....