Sunday 4 December 2011

Zvezda Greeks 1/72.

Hello all,

A change from the normal the modern stuff, I got myself into a duel with Paul from  Paul's bods,.I thought I would try expanding my knowledge of the Ancient world and get a quick duel thrown into it for good measure.
What I learnt was that Paul knows a bugger site more than I do!!!!Check out Paul's entry over here Duel.
I got a well deserved arse kicking.
The duel was any two blokes from the ancient world, doing anything they damn well wanted!

I have quite a lot of ancient sets that I have not done anything with, so this was a good reason to crack a set open.

I was hoping the base would swing it for me but Paul's photography was amazing and the ground work better than mine, oh and the figures were better too!

The base is a photo frame with several woodland scenic rock casting place together and joined with a layer of  plaster poured on to the bottom to secure the lot.

The foliage is from ....you've guessed it "Woodland scenic".A good coat of  Vallejo brown sand and a dry brushing of Iraqi sand finished it off.
All in all a reasonable dio that was soundly beaten by Paul.Hell even I voted for Paul's.

PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME!

Cheers for looking Rich.

9 comments:

Paul´s Bods said...

Atriedes has asked how you did your cliffs...http://marshalat1dot72.blogspot.com/
Fun duel mate. Acouple of the pics here look better than the ones you used for the duel.
Cheers
paul

David said...

Yes, those cliffs could have nailed it for you!!
I might have to get my hands on some of those "rocks"!! I've been converted!

Tim Gow said...

Stunning efforts all round. Dont beat yourself up Rich.

Erhntly said...

Hi Rich,

don't war, make love.. i know this duel (bennos) and it's very interesting.
and your dio very nice..

cheers

Erhan

Paul said...

Lovely work all around Rich. Those cliffs are superb.

Ray Rousell said...

A great piece of scenery!

Al said...

Way cool!

Remco said...

Hey Rich,
Your duelentry was a lust for my eye, and I realy enjoyed it. Like the others say, the rocks are suberb, maybee next duel one closeup wil do.
My advice: just start a new duel ;-)

west1871 said...

Cheers for all the comments lads,
I might just have another duel lined up "at some point".

Cheers Rich.