Saturday 25 June 2011

MORE VALDEMAR MEDIEVAL CIVILIANS 1/72.

Hello all,

Just to reinforce my eclectic collection of figures here's some medieval civilians from Valdemar!
 This is from the first set of civvies that they sold, a bit steep in the price department but I think they are worth every penny.
This is meant to be a noble(ish) and his missus walking along.I have visions of these two for a castle  dio I am gathering together.
I say gathering, its a Zvezda castle job and they have stopped producing the bloody stuff, so it's not easy getting hold of.
I am after the little watch towers that sit on the walls or tower corners but I might as well look for lord Lucan!
 He started off with purple on his tunic but I was informed that mostly the clergy or royalty wore purple so I decided to (reluctantly) change him.
The woman does look a bit "up the duff" or been enjoying  some hog roast.
Here is some women going bout there daily business.The woman carrying the basket has a duck inside which was a tricky one to paint.
 The woman in the middle is a serving wench minus a tray of beer, plus a woman balancing a basket on her head.
I will have to get the jewellers hack saw to tidy the bases up because
Next up is some market traders plying there trade.It would an idea to try and knock up a stall or a cart to go with them. I will have to save up and get the other "behaving badly" set.

I still have a few more of this set to paint and I am looking forward to slapping some paint on them.I think its the children and fighting men to go.


PLEASE CLICK ON IMAGES FOR A LARGER VIEW AND ANY COMMENTS MORE THAN WELCOME.

Cheers for looking,     Rich.

3 comments:

Yarik said...

Nice figures!

You plan made city-diorama?

Paul´s Bods said...

They are a bit pricey..but well worth it....I´m after ever more civvies...might have something to do with my age..
As for the purple...I wouldn´t worry...only button counters will be annoyed and I always say...let em get thier knickers in a twist...if I want purple..then I´ll have purple.
Obviuolsy this wouln´t work if your painting a teutonic knight as a tuetonic knight but as for the rest....clour is FUN!!!! :-D
They look good mate...the one thing I am trying to work out...what is the guy supposed to be holding up??? I´ve given him something green looking...I thought, "cabbage?" :-D
Cheers
paul

Paul´s Bods said...

My spelling!!! Colour is fun
Was the prostitute in set one or set two???